No Nonsense is a free, all-in-one WordPress plugin to remove built-in elements of WordPress your site may not use, resulting in a cleaner, faster, more stable and more secure website. All from a single, streamlined admin screen.
Version 2.6 now available!
Please see the changelog for details on the latest features.
What does it do?
No Nonsense includes a wide-ranging set of one-time utilities and day-to-day settings for your WordPress site.
Utilities are one-time actions to clean up default content, plugins and options in the default WordPress installation, and include the following:
- Deactivate and delete Akismet Anti-Spam plugin New in 2.4!
- Deactivate and delete Hello Dolly plugin
- Delete inactive themes Updated in 2.6!
- Delete sample content ("Hello world!" post and comment, plus "Sample Page")
- Remove default tagline ("Just another WordPress site")
- Set permalink structure to
Settings are persistent configuration changes that modify default behaviors on each page load, and include the following:
- Limit admin elements for logged-in non-editors (subscribers)
- Redirect admin to home page for logged-in non-editors (subscribers)
- Add a quick logout link to the top right corner
- Hide admin bar for logged-in non-editors (subscribers)
- Remove "Howdy" greeting before username
- Remove admin bar WordPress logo/link
- Disallow theme and plugin file editing
- Remove Comments from admin
- Remove individual core Dashboard widgets
- Remove Posts from admin
- Remove admin color scheme picker on profile page
- Disallow Full Site Editing (FSE)
- Remove "Edit site" link
- Remove Widgets block editor (restores old Widgets interface)
- Remove default block patterns
- Remove duotone SVG filters
- Remove global styles (inline CSS) New in 2.5!
- Disable site search
- Redirect attachment pages to file URL New in 2.6!
- Remove WP emoji
- Remove comments from front end
- Remove front end inline Edit links
- Remove individual head tags (e.g. REST API, RSS feeds, resource hints)
- Remove admin email check interval
- Replace WP logo/link with custom site icon/link on the login screen
Security and Updates
- Auto core update send email only on error
- Disable XML-RPC
- Skip new bundled themes, plugins, etc. on core updates